2020 may have been a year like no other and that certainly rings true when it comes to breaking and setting new residential real estate records. Arizona’s leader in luxury real estate, Russ Lyon Sotheby’s International Realty is proud to announce it closed the year with a record-breaking $5.32 billion in total sales. That is the highest yearly number ever recorded in the company’s history for total sales volume.
Among the impressive 2020 sales, Russ Lyon Sotheby’s International Realty represented both the buyer and seller for the highest residential sale in Arizona’s history at $24,100,000 during the fall of this year and represented the seller of the notable David and Gladys Wright House.
In 2020, the luxury brokerage closed a total of 7,247 transactions state-wide with the average sales price at $734,008.
View the Top 20 Sales of 2020 for Russ Lyon Sotheby’s International Realty here:
The brokerage has been in business since 1947. 73 years later there are now 950 agents and 13 offices state-wide. In 2020, agents and the various offices were recognized more than 100 times for a variety of industry awards.
But most importantly, during 2020 when many charities were struggling, the Russ Lyon Charitable Foundation was honored and named one of Arizona’s Largest Philanthropists with more than 3,750 volunteer hours, as well as donating more $108,492 to charity.
There is no doubt, 2020 has been a year to remember. It has been a year of great hardships, great triumphs and the greatest year of giving by our agents, staff and managers. We are incredibly proud of our family of agents and these tremendous numbers and record breaking sales shows Russ Lyon Sotheby’s International Realty continues to be the dominant leader in Arizona’s luxury real estate market.Jim Lyon, Chairman of Russ Lyon Sotheby’s INternational Realty
Additional noteworthy achievements for Russ Lyon SIR in 2020:
- CEO and co-owner Todd Gillenwater was named an AZ Business Leader
- President and Designated Broker, Deems Dickinson, was named to the 2020 Swanepoel Power 200 List
- The Russ Lyon SIR Relocation department received Cartus Platinum Status for their 2019 efforts
- The brokerage was involved in 520 headlines
- The brokerage received 1,642 earned media placements
- The in-house marketing department created over 13,502 pieces for their Real Estate Advisors
- 21 issues of their signature publication, Properties of Arizona, have been published
- The in-house IT department developed a new communications platform, Lyon Text
- The brokerage implemented a proprietary online platform, Lyon Connect, for marketing, production stats, listing data, tech tools and more.